There are currently three (3) levels of membership in the WTPA. An active member can participate at all levels of the WTPA. Active members can vote and hold an office. An associate level member has the same rights as an active member, but cannot vote or hold an elected office. However, an associate member can serve on a committee. A sustaining member supports the goals of the WTPA through its sustaining membership. A sustaining member can be an individual, a business, a law firm, etc. A sustaining member cannot vote or hold office, but can be a member of a committee. In addition, a life membership can be conveyed to a WTPA active member for extraordinary service to the WTPA. A life member no longer pays membership dues.
Any resident of the State of Texas who has,through education, training or experience,
- demonstrated knowledge of the legal system, legal principles, and procedures
- works as a paralegal under the direct supervision of a duly licensed attorney
- has attended at least one meeting of the Association, and
- who has satisfied at least one of the criteria for active membership established by this Association (see application),
- shall be eligible for active membership.